Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Sneak Peak and The Generosity of Quilters...

The first thing I want to do is say a HUGE THANK YOU to you ladies who sent and are sending me packages of Flea Market Fancy. Your generosity blows me away. I had the best time swapping fabric with you all. I hope that you liked what you received in return. From what I've heard so far I think I did okay. I am more than over joyed to be opening the packages you've sent to me. My heart flutters each time and I am in awe. If I could give each of you a big hug I would! Thank you, thank you, thank you!




Here's a little peak at what I've been making. I took some pieces of Hope Valley that I had left from the Flying Geese Pinwheel quilt I started making last year (yikes, that's still not finished), to make these Twister Blocks. They are so fun.



I found the pattern in this Judie Rothermel book. She uses templates but after looking at it for a sec, I thought I could just make a strip set and a ruler from thick cardboard (think bottom of layer cake package, yes, I save everything.lol). And it was so easy! I will post a min-tutorial next time.



I also doubled the size of mine. I think I love these!

7 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Glad you found the fabric you needed. Love the twister blocks. Will be watching to see how you made them!

Vicki said...

Cute blocks!
Hey I have some FMF scraps I can pass along to you, email me :)

Kristine Hanson said...

thank YOU for the SWEET fabric!

Jacque. said...

ohhhhh, I am in love with these twister blocks! And, I'm so happy that you are receiving what you asked for in the fmf fabrics! YAY!

amy said...

I would love to to do a quilt like that someday, please do post a tutorial if you get a chance. xo amy

rubyslipperz1052 said...

My first visit...you have a fun blog! Great quilts to inspire!

hugz,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot
=) new follower =)

siane said...

Just come across your twister block via Pinterest - love it! You don't need to make a cardboard ruler/template though, you can just cut the triangles using the 60 degree angle lines on your ruler.

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...