Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hunky Dory Whirlygig Nearly Finished...

Because I love pictures of the whole process of quilt making.


Here is the Hunky Dory Whirlygig basted. I basted it and was able to quilt it and sew the binding to the front this past weekend. I'll post the finished picture as soon as I get my camera back:(

This pattern is a real hit with non-quilt people (yes, that's how I group people, quilt people and non-quilt people, is that bad?). I've been asked to make another one only bigger, which I will gladly do because this is such a fun sew. You really should try Cathy's tutorial if you've wanted to make one but haven't yet.

6 comments:

Kristine Hanson said...

I will have to look at the tutorial, I love the whirly gig but have been intimidated by it, I don't know why! Yours looks lovely

Becky said...

So adorable! I'm still learning all this quiltin stuff after 40+ years of sewing!

~Marica~ said...

what a wonderful quilt top. I think I must went over and look at the tutorial. Maybe I ´ll try and make one for my self :)

Riel Nason said...

Very pretty. I love this pattern and you've done it so well!

Jessica Christensen said...

It's a hit with us quilting people too. I love the soft colors, and I LOVE the whirligigs!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I accidently erased all my blog list.

I like your blog a lot. I'm putting it in my new list.

Happy Summer's End,
Laura

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...