Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy Quilt Finished

Bound. Washed and crinkled.

I love it!


I pieced the back. I almost like it better than the front, almost.


This is really heavily quilted and so it is super crinkley.

Pictures of it in progress are here, here, and here.

Most quilts are really fun to work on. some are more tedious than others. This quilt was fun and relaxing. I picked up the blocks that had been sitting for a while and cut sashing and started to roll. Do you ever take a break from a quilt by making another quilt? I'm sure some of you do. My whimsy quilt is very time consuming with all those little squares on each corner, and it's going to be queen sized. So I took a break and made this quilt, now I'll work on the Whimsy quilt again.

5 comments:

Diane said...

OH that is scrumptious. I love the look after they're washed and crinkled!! I'm doing a snowball and 9-patch but working on it as a leader/ender between my other stuff so it's growing without my becoming bored.
I don't think I've ever made just 1 quilt at a time, well maybe back in the beginning when I was learning the 1st couple probably were too many great projects out there. :)

Leslie said...

this is beautiful...i love the colors and you gave it such a fun name.

Amy Friend said...

I just want to get my hands on that crinkle! It's very pretty!

Jacque. said...

Hey Erin! This is so awesome...I love it! What is the finished size? I do love pieced backs, too. Who is this quilt for?

Jessica Christensen said...

I'm afraid I ALWAYS start a new quilt when I get tired of a tedious one. This is why I have such a ridiculous number of UFOs. Great job on finishing this one. It's beautiful. I love all the quilting -- I just love a scrunchy, crinkly quilt.

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...